SAFE & DURABLE
The SMAI Jigsaw Mat – 2cm Korean Style is a great basic mat for TKD or Karate use, offering a strong level of impact protection for those with a limited budget
MADE IN TAIWAN
Taiwan are the leaders in EVA Jigsaw Mat quality and testing control.
REAL EVA FOAM
NO TOXIC FUMES or ODOUR
100% Formahide Free
The mat has a non-abrasive checkered finish that makes it perfectly suited for TKD and Karate use.
The reversible feature allows for individual colour combinations to be easily changed by simply flipping a mat on the spot.
Shore A hardness is used as a measure of hardness in polymers, elastomers and rubbers.
Too SOFT & not durable
Mats with a shore rating below 50 are too soft for combat and stand-up training. Their low shore rating and softness means that the jigsaw teeth are more likely to tear and break, making them a poor choice if you want a long-lasting and durable option.
50 - 55
SAFE & DURABLE
All SMAI mats have a shore rating of between 50 - 55 degrees this means that they are perfectly balanced between safety and durability, as all things should be. Mats in this range are more durable than softer mats (below 50) and are safer than the harder mats (above 55).
Too Hard & UNSAFE
A shore rating of 55 and above are too hard for safe combat training. Their hardness reduces impact absorption and increases the likelihood of injury
This mat is fully reversible, meaning that if you wish to flip a mat over you do not need to flip the entire matted area over as well.
All SMAI Jigsaw Mats are specifically compatibly with the same style – meaning SMAI 2cm Korean Style Jigsaw Mats are not compatible with other styles.
IMPORTANT: Note that EVA mats may shrink and expand over time so if you are thinking of adding this to mats which are over 6 months old check the sizing of your existing mats for distortion prior to ordering - as mats that have expanded may no longer be exactly compatible and may cause gaps or spacing to occur between connections.
Price is for a single mat measuring 1m x 1m x 20mm.
Product note: all EVA mats are subject to contraction and expansion in extreme temperatures. For example, in tropical areas, and in warehouses that are prone to overheating. To minimize the degree of variance in such conditions, we recommend choosing the 3cm or 4cm mats.
There is a protective coating used for transportation and storage purposes on our EVA mats. This will not affect the quality of the mats, rather prevent any issues during the time period it is held. This will dissipate over time however, we recommend if you wish to clean mats prior to use, to please use warm water and a damp mop/cloth using a PH neutral disinfectant.
- Composition: EVA
- Reversible design to be blue or red
- Edges: 2 pieces per mat included
- Hardness: 55 degrees shore A
- Checker pattern finish
- Flammability Pass, EN71-3:1994 Migration of Elements Toy Grade Pass, Toxic Formamide Pass
- Sold individually - 4 mats in image for illustration purposes only
Packaged carton size: fits 10 pieces per carton at 107cm x 104cm x 21cm (21kg)
COVID-19 UPDATE ON DISPATCH & DELIVERY 01/09/2020
Pick Ups: We currently offer daily pickups at selected times. Please place your order online and select your pick up time at checkout.
Dispatch: Our normal dispatch time is 1-2 business days. However, if we experience a sudden surge in orders, then dispatch may be delayed by another couple of days. We appreciate your patience during this time.
State Closures: We are still shipping to all states.
In Store Purchase: Available Monday to Friday 9am-3pm.
SHIPPING UPDATE - SHIPPING CARRIERS DEFAULTING DELIVERIES TO AUTHORITY TO LEAVE
The safety of our partners, retailers and customers is our priority. As the cases of COVID-19 increase, to limit contact when delivering orders, all carriers are now defaulting deliveries to authority to leave (ATL) where possible and will not be requesting a physical signature from the customer/receiver.
How will delivery work during this period?
- The driver will knock or ring the bell, place the goods on the ground and step away.
- A driver may choose to note the full name of a customer instead of obtaining a physical signature.
- If the delivery address is unattended and the driver considers there to be a safe area to leave the goods, Authority To Leave will be followed and no name obtained.
- Once the goods are left in a safe area, delivery drivers will do their best to make a note of the location or take a picture as proof of delivery.
What if the goods are of a high value or Authority to Leave isn't possible?
- For a pallet load to residential address or for high volume orders we may send with Main Freight Express who will call prior to delivery to arrange a suitable time.
- For businesses: if your business is not open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm you can also add a neighbouring business that is open during this hours that may be able to receive delivery on your behalf. Alternatively, you can send to a residential address where there may be somewhere safer to leave unattended.
- For residential: please specify somewhere safe to leave delivery (e.g. front door, side gate), or alternatively a friend or family member's address who is home all day (WFH) or have a safer place to leave unattended.
Pickups: At selected times from our warehouse in Fairy Meadow, NSW.
Shipping Costs: Calculated during checkout, taking into calculation the quantity of items ordered, the weight, and the dimensions.
Dispatch: Within 1-2 business days from our warehouse. Tracking confirmation will be provided by email.
Delivery: 1-6 business days to major cities in Australia via Star Track Express (for satchels, loose cartons and pallets). For larger items or multiple pallets, we use Main Freight's Express Service, which may take 1-2 days longer.
When you receive your items: Delivery times will be between 9am to 5pm (weekdays only). A signature is required. Please note, if there is no one available to sign for your order, 2nd delivery charges may apply.
Transit Insurance: You need to sign for your goods on delivery in order to be covered by insurance for any theft, damage or loss to your goods during transit. Where written authority has been provided to deliver without signature, any insurance cover will be voided.
Delays: We always try to ensure that your order is delivered in a prompt and timely manner, however, factors outside our control may cause delays. SMAI is not liable for any loss that may occur as a result of such delays.
View full shipping & delivery information here.
We offer 14 days returns for change of mind.
To be eligible for a return, your item:
- Must be unused and in the same condition that you received it
- Must be returned within 14 calendar days of receiving the order
- Must be in its original packaging
- Must have the receipt or proof of purchase (please enclose in return)
Items not eligible for return:
- Items on sale / clearance / end of the line
- Requests received after 14 days of receiving your order
- Items used or not in original condition and packaging
- Items with no receipt of purchase
Please note that goods must be returned within 2 weeks after SMAI has authorised the return. Returns received outside this period will be returned back to you and redelivery charges will apply.
Please see our Returns Policy for more info.
All products sold by SMAI have a manufacturing warranty that covers the structural integrity of the product, and so long as the equipment is fit for its intended purpose (this excludes clearance items). If your product turns out to be faulty or damaged, SMAI will repair, replace or refund the item; unless (but not limited to):
- The product has not been used for its original intended purpose
- Normal wear and tear
- Cosmetic damages
- Incorrect installation/assembly
- Improper storage
- Poor maintenance
- Outside the warranty period
- Lack of proof of purchase
Unless otherwise specified in our Warranty Policy, all products have a 3 month manufacturing warranty, starting from date of invoice.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Please be advised that it is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure correct installation and maintenance of the products, and inform further users or clients of proper equipment usage and handling. We recommend that you conduct regular equipment audits to ensure that all your products are correctly maintained and replaced as required.