- When will my order be dispatched?
- How long does delivery take?
- How much does delivery cost?
- How can I track my order?
- Can I change my delivery address after my order has been placed?
- What services are not included in my shipping cost?
- What is a tailgate service?
- How will I know when my order is on the way?
- Will I have to sign for delivery?
- What if my goods arrive damaged?
- What if I am not home when my order arrives?
- What is covered by my Transit Insurance?
- What is SMAI not liable/responsible for?
- Do you deliver to PO Boxes, Military addresses or parcel lockers?
- Can my order be delivered to a depot?
- Can I pick up my order?
- Do you deliver to remote areas in Australia?
- Do you ship to New Zealand?
- Do you ship internationally?
- 1. When will my order be dispatched?
Your order will be dispatched within 1-2 business days. During peak times there may be delays. Our distribution centre is located in Wollongong, NSW, and is closed on weekends and public holidays.
- 2. How long does delivery take?
We use Star Track’s express service for sending satchels, loose cartons and pallets. This will take 1-6 days to major cities in Australia, depending on your location.
For larger items or multiple pallets, we use Toll’s general service. Please note that this can take longer than our express service, depending on your location.
- 3. How much does delivery cost?
Shipping is calculated at the cart stage during checkout, taking into calculation the quantity or items ordered, the weight, and the dimensions.
- 4. How can I track my order?
Once we have packed and dispatched your order, we will send you a confirmation email with a courier information and tracking number.
Note: Tracking details may need some time to appear. If tracking information does not appear initially, please come back later and check again.
- 5. Can I change my delivery address after my order has been placed?
- Unfortunately we cannot change delivery address after you have been charged. Please carefully check over your order and shipping information before completing your order.
- 6. What services are not included in my shipping cost?
- Change of address
- Remote delivery
- Hand off load
- Failure to pick up of your order from your nearest depot within 48 hours
- Crane delivery
If required, you will be charged additional costs by the courier company.
Your shipping charges on the website includes tailgate service and subsequent delivery (if required), unless otherwise stated in your quote/invoice.
- 7. What is a tailgate service?
Tailgate service is offered for bulky or overweight orders and where no off-loading facilities are available (i.e. forklift or loading dock).
If a tailgate service is required, we will request further shipping instructions including your opening hours, receiver name and number, delivery access and drop off point for signature.
Additional information for tailgate services
Tailgate trucks are only designed to deliver to a large open area with at least 8m clearance. The maximum length of a pallet that can be tailgated is 2.3m. Any pallet over this size must be offloaded by a forklift.
Pallets requiring a crane offload e.g. Boxing rings and MMA cages – will need at least 11m clearance.
If your business or residence falls within any of the below issues – your delivery will be void and sent back to the nearest servicing depot – extra fees will apply.
- Steep driveways
- Narrow roads (permitting trucks to enter)
- Main road for delivery is a clearway or is signed as a no stopping zone
- Less than 8m clearance for tailgate trucks
- Less than 11m clearance for Crane assisted deliveries
- Closed during 9am-5pm weekday
- If there are no receivers to sign and assist.
All pallets sent by SMAI require a receiver’s signature – no goods can be left as Instructed - Incorrectly supplied to information resulting in 2nd delivery The final decision for crane deliveries lies with the Freight Company’s logistic manager. If your delivery has been set up as a tailgate and a crane service is required by your local servicing freight company then the additional fee for a crane delivery will need to be paid by the receiver prior to delivery. Please note that the original freight charge is not refundable.
At SMAI we have a duty of care to all our customers. When ordering heavy objects and machines we will always professionally pack and secure the items accordingly. We always indicate the amount of individual items on each pallet and request the receiver/customer to account for this label on the outside of the pallet. You/a receiver must sign for goods.
If the shipment is damaged, you and the driver must acknowledge this on the consignment note. You are responsible for checking the breakdown and quantity of items on pallets.
Pallets are only delivered to large ground floor loading areas.
- 8. How will I know when my order is on the way?
Once you receive your tracking number, you can login to the freight company's website and elect to receive email notifications where available. Please note that tracking details may need some time to appear.
It is often difficult to estimate a time of delivery. Therefore, we recommend you nominate a business address for shipping to ensure you are able to receive your goods on first delivery.
- 9. Will I have to sign for delivery?
If you do not sign off on your delivery, your order will not be covered by our Transit Insurance. By signing off on your delivery, you accept that the number of items you receive matches the number on the consignment note and boxes/items are in good condition. This signs off that you received your delivery in perfect condition and will forfeit any insurance claims for damages during transit.
Where we have received written authority from you to delivery the goods without signature on delivery, SMAI and the courier release all responsibility and liability for any loss or damages that may occur after delivery. Any claims for transit insurance will also be voided.
- 10. What if my goods arrive damaged?
We make all efforts to ensure that the goods are shipped in sufficient packaging as to not get damaged in transit, however, should you receive a damaged parcel, please follow the steps below to make a Transit Insurance Claim.
1. Make a note on the Consignment Note when receiving the delivery of the damage and/or unsatisfactory condition of the package.
2. Contact Us within 48 hours after receiving the package. Claims received outside of the 48 hours will be deemed as ‘storage damages’, and will be void.
- 11. What if I am not home when my order arrives?
When organising shipping of your goods, try to ensure to (where applicable) you choose a business address for your delivery to be sent to. This way someone can be there to sign and accept the delivery through the hours of 9am-5pm.
At checkout you will also be able to select an option for delivery should no one be available to sign for your order. By agreeing to leave the order unattended (or with reception), you agree that SMAI is not liable for any claims for transit insurance.
- 12. What is covered by my Transit Insurance?
All orders that are signed when received are covered by Transit Insurance. This includes any loss, damages or theft occurring before the package reaches your door.
- 13. What is SMAI not liable/responsible for?
SMAI is not liable/responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
- Loss that can occur in transit and delivery
- Local disruptions
- Authorization of your goods to be left without a signature (risking your delivery to arrive damaged in transit without knowing, exposed to possible theft or if the driver feels it is unsafe to leave as instructed meaning your goods will be taken back to the nearest depot to collect)
- Inadequate off-loading facilities
- Inaccessible areas
- Estimated time of arrivals
- 15. Can my order be delivered to a depot?
No, shipping addresses cannot be a depot, unless you live in a remote area.
- 16. Can I pick up my order?
Yes, you can select this option at checkout. Orders submitted before 12pm will be available for pick up the following business day. Orders placed after 12pm will be available in 2 business days. Our warehouse is open from the hours of 9am-5pm Mon-Fri and our address is:
93 Jardine Street
Fairy Meadow, 2519
SMAI will be in contact with you to confirm an appropriate time for pick up.
- 17. Do you deliver to remote areas in Australia?
If you live in a remote area or are not sure of your local depot, please Contact Us before completing your order. In most remote locations, you will need to put the local drop off point as your shipping address.
- 18. Do you ship to New Zealand?
Yes, we do ship to New Zealand. You will not be required to pay any additional customs or taxes.
- 19. Do you ship internationally?
Yes, we do ship internationally. You can use our normal checkout for most orders. However SMAI does not deliver to the following countries: Albania, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Congo, Congo The Democratic Republic Of The, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Kosovo, Liberia, Macedonia, Republic Of, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Syria, Zimbabwe, Cuba, Iran Islamic Republic Of, Iraq, Korea Democratic People's Republic Of, Libyan Arab Jamahiriya, Sudan.