Experience the tradition and craftsmanship of Japanese sword-making with the Medium Carbon Katana Sakura Dragon. With a sharp, functional blade made from high-quality 1050 carbon steel, this katana is perfect for Iaido practice and light cutting. The saya features a Sakura Dragon design for an eye-catching and modern look, while the bo-hi (groove on the blade) helps reduce weight and improve balance.
This katana is easy to maintain, but regular care is necessary to prevent rust. We recommend using a sword maintenance kit to keep it in top condition. Whether you're a seasoned martial artist or a collector of historical weapons, the Medium Carbon Sakura Dragon is a beautiful and functional addition to your arsenal.
- Material: Medium Carbon Steel (1055 Carbon)
- Katana Blade length: 71cm
- Total length: 103cm
- Full Tang - What is Full Tang?
- Synthetic Rayskin
- Includes PVC Saya with Sakura Dragon design
- Wrapped handle decoration
- Sold individually - Image of close-up and full length for illustration purposes only
Important information regarding martial arts weapons.
- SMAI martial arts weapons are recommended for display purposes only, any other use of these products is done so at your own risk.
SMAI is not responsible for improper or illegal use or modification of its weapons.
- Some weapons may be illegal in the user’s area; the user must research and follow state and local laws. Each Country / State can have different regulations.
You must check the laws and regulations in their state or territory to check the legality of items ordered and it is Your responsibility to do so. SMAI is not liable for any items seized by customs. Customers located outside of Australia will need to check with customs in Your country as to the legality of the items and if permits are required for customs clearance.
Any information provided here is not legal advice, and you should make your own enquiries with your local authorities
Do I need a licence or permit for a Sword?
According to NSW Police, In general, swords such as a sabre, cutlass, samurai sword, katana, etc fall outside the scope of the Weapons Prohibition Act 1998 and you do not need a licence or permit to own one and there are no specific safe storage requirements.
However, you must check your local authority's rules before purchasing. This statement provides no guarantee now, or at any time in the future as to the legality of purchasing this item. Possession rules may change at any time, and SMAI makes no claim to your rights to own or purchase the item.
Please note: Possession can differ from state to state within Australia. Please ensure there are no restrictions on possession within your state prior to purchase.